Key Verse

How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to thy word. Psalm 119:9

Monday, February 13, 2012

Shout out to:

Love!!!
Being that it's Valentines day I figured I would do something different today. (well actually Valentines day is in 8 minutes) I am going to find some verses from the Bible that talk about love, clearly it is an important aspect of a christian's life.

1 John 4:16
So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he have his only begotten son into the world that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Deuteronomy 6:5
You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Luke 6:35
But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil.

John 15:13
Greater love has no man then this, that he lay down his life for a friend.

Galatians 5:13
For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

1 John 3:17-18
But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

1 Corinthians 13 1-3
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

1 Corinthians 13 4-7
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.


So there you go.. Literally if you open the Bible up to any page, it probably will have something to say about love.

Ry-Guy
2 Timothy 2:22

P.S
Yes, it is spelled with just a Ry not Rye xD

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Nice! (: yeah, love is all over the Bible.
p.s. I FED THE FISH. heheh xD